X Games 18 is underway! The sun is shining in Los Angeles and if you are joining us at LA Live this week we have some fun in store for you. Starting at 12 noon today, swing by the PUMA Social Truck - our answer to those greasy food trucks but much more suitable for an after-hours athlete. Try your hand at at ping pong,foosball, air hockey or darts, listen to tunes from our DJ, score a custom tee, and maybe even catch some of the PUMA athletes hanging out.
Tomorrow, Friday June 29th, get ready to win big while participating in the #HUNT4PUMA scavenger hunt. Starting at 5pm, we will be tweeting six clues from our @PUMA handle. Put your thinking caps on and figure out the clues; then snap photos of the answers to tweet back to @PUMA with the hashtag #HUNT4PUMA. The first people to figure out all the clues and make their way to the finish point will get hooked up with some awesome prizes, and everyone that participates will get a chance to meet and mingle with Bucky Lasek and Dave Mirra! To participate in the scavenger hunt, and stay up to date on all the action this week, make sure you are following @PUMA. For the official Scavenger Hunt Rules, go here: LINK TO RULES.
If you can't make it to the scavenger hunt tomorrow, you'll have another chance to score VIP passes to the Lucky Strike Lounge and kick back with some PUMA athletes on Saturday. Just come by the PUMA Social truck in the X Fest village from 12pm-4pm on Saturday June 30th and get your picture taken in the PUMA photo booth for your chance to win. We will be choosing 15 random people who snapped pics to join us while we cheer on Bucky in the skateboarding Vert final!
Then make sure you cheer loud on Sunday when the Subaru PUMA Rallycross team will be competing in Round 3 of GRC. The first round starts at 12 noon PST. If you can't catch the action live, you can watch on ESPN 2 at noon, or on ESPN at 2pm PST. Go all out and show the team your support by catching the official collection by PUMA on shop.puma.com, tillys.com or journeys.com
Stay tuned for more updates from X Games 18 in sunny Los Angeles, California!
PUMA LA LIVE SCAVENGER HUNT CONTEST
2) Contest Period/Entry Periods: The Puma Retweet Contest (the "Contest") begins on June 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on June 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm PST (the "Contest Period"). During the Contest Period, the Sponsor will post six (6) Contest clues to Twitter regarding LA Live and Puma. The first clue will be posted at or around 5:00 pm PST on June 27, and the subsequent five (5) clues will be posted shortly thereafter. No limit to the number of entries per person during the Contest Period.
Entries must not:
(i) include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by Entrant or used without permission (such as company names, music, photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media);
(ii) use individuals' names, in whole or in part (including the Entrant's last name) without permission;
(iii) refer to public figures;
(iv) contain profanity, pornographic, or sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content;
(v) defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Sponsor and Administrator;
(vi) promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation;
(vii) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living or dead, without permission.
4) Winner Selection/Notification: At the end of the Contest Period, the prizes will be awarded. The prizes for the Contest will be awarded based upon arrival times at the final destination. The first Eligible Entrant to arrive will be awarded the grand prize; the second and third Eligible Entrants to arrive will be awarded the second place prize; and all other Eligible Entrants that arrive during the Contest Period but after the previously mentioned Eligible Entrants will win the third place prize. All Eligible Entrants that receive a prize will hereinafter be referred to as Prize Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entrants. The Sponsor will notify each Prize Winner upon presentation of their eligible entry at the final destination. In the event that any potential Prize Winner arrives at the final destination at the same time as another potential Prize Winner, then the places of the Prize Winners may be determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Potential Prize Winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the Prize Winner's name, voice, actual or simulated likeness, and biographical information of the Prize Winner (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
One (1) pair of leather PUMA Driving Shoes autographed by the drivers of the Subaru Puma Rallycross team
Two (2) PUMA t-shirts autographed by the drivers of the Subaru Puma Rallycross team
One Hundred (100) PUMA lanyards – as needed depending on the number of entrants
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is two hundred fifty dollars (US$250). All taxes (if any) and any other expenses not explicitly specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Prize is non-transferable; no substitution allowed except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with prize(s) of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person. Odds of winning depend on total number of entries received.
6) Limitations of Liability: EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES (I) TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS CONTEST, AND (II) TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" EXCEPT FOR ANY MANUFACTURERS' LIMITED WARRANTY WHICH MAY ACCOMPANY A PRODUCT.
7) License to Exploit Submission: By entering this Contest, and to the extent allowed by law, Entrants grant Sponsor and each of its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, and third party marketing entities the absolute right and permission to download, edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, dub, adapt, publish, exploit, and use the content of and elements embodied in the entry in perpetuity in any and all media, including but not limited to digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Entrants waive and release Sponsor and each of its affiliates from any and all claims that Entrants may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on any claims, including but not limited to "moral rights" or "droit moral" or unfair competition with respect to Sponsor's exploitation of entries without further notification or compensation to Entrants of any kind, and agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor and each of its affiliates, licensees, or any other person in connection with this Contest, on the grounds that any use of any entry, or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of the Entrants' rights therein. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that Sponsor and each of its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, and third party marketing entities shall have the right and permission to use the name, picture, voice, biographical data, photograph, testimonial, or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof), and/or any information contained in his/her entry for promotional, advertising, and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the winner to the extent permitted by law and except where prohibited.
8) General Conditions: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN CONTEST ENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Contest's Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human, mechanical, or electronic error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. The Contest's Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer, related to or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. The Contest's Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, errors in processing entries, identifying the Prize Winners, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Contest's Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website during the Contest Period and the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation, or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. "THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE (1) GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW PRINCIPLES (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS (2) ANY DISPUTE, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN A FEDERAL OR STATE COURT IN THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES OR COURT COSTS; AND (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED."
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes. In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account attached to the winning entry will be declared the winner. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to a user name/email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, social networking site or other organization responsible for assigning user names/email addresses for the domain associated with the user name/email address in question.
9) This Contest is sponsored by Puma and is administered by Wasserman Media Group LLC., 2052 Corte Del Nogal, Suite 150, Carlsbad CA 92011
Twitter is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
©2012 Wasserman Media Group LLC. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited, or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express written consent of Wasserman Media Group LLC.
Twitter is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.